Cancelled!!! kefir lemonade workshop with Niamh McDonnell
October 24 @ 14:00 - 16:30€60 – €85
Join us for “Counting our Microbes” a workshop in making fermented lemonade (Kefir cordial) with Niamh McDonnell on the 24th of October at 2 pm to 4.30 pm at Sonairte!
About the Workshop:
• Learn how to make your own fermented lemonade, adding your own fruit flavours
• Introduce your child to fermentation and the microbiome
• Demo showing DIY Kefir cordial brewing
• Interactive storytelling about the culturing of the microbe
• Art activity involving stencilling microbe shapes onto a tote bag and designing their background (using eco-friendly materials)
• DIY kit including customized tote, kefir grains, instructions
About the presentor:
Niamh McDonnell runs PLENITUDE producing a range of small batch sauerkraut using locally grown (where possible) organic vegetable ingredients. Selling on market stalls and at various outlets, she also gives workshops and runs projects that explore DIY food fermenting ecology and how it can inspire ethical ways of interacting with our local environment
This course runs for 2.5 hours 2 pm to 4.30 pm with a minimum of 12 participants(parent and child). Due to government guidelines, there is a maximum of 15 tickets available for this course so make sure to book yours early to avoid disappointment!
You can book by paying in the Eco Shop or booking directly on Eventbrite, visiting our Eco shop.
Ticket: 60 Euro per group (1 parent + 1 child), 85 Euro (1 parent + 2 child)
Booking closes: 17 October 2021, 10 AM
Tickets can be purchased in the Sonairte Eco Shop, phone payment** or directly on Eventbrite see link below.
Refunds will be issued in the event of cancellation minus a small Eventbrite fee.
** For phone payments, please contact us at email@example.com with your email address and contact details to set up for phone payment (only on Fridays and Saturdays 10 am to 4 pm)
Note: Sonairte reserves the right to cancel the event if minimum attendance is not met or in the case of changing health regulations relating to COVID-19.